Traditional 0 GAUGE Model Trains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new Fitzroy Loco works Bassett Like Flying Scotsman

3 posters

Go down

new Fitzroy Loco works  Bassett Like Flying Scotsman Empty new Fitzroy Loco works Bassett Like Flying Scotsman

Post by Edsley Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:43 am

I've seen the new tinplate ' tribute to the Bassett Lowke Flying Scotsman from Fitzroy Loco Works.

It's, like the  Cock o' the North, very much in the BL  tab and slot style . But with many detail enhancements from the original

Personally I like tinplate construction for  the finer  thickness of the pressings . And far more detail has been pressed into them .

It takes on a more scale appearance  with the wheel sizes, larger diameter, thinner rims and the counterweights being larger on the centre drivers. It beats me why that hadn't been done before.

There is also  pressed detail on the tender top,  roof , wash out plugs etc .

The sample was in wartime black but there will be a short run of other liveries.

I'd have posted a picture of it but despite a number of attempts ,it doesn't seem possible to upload pics .

Edsley

Back to top Go down

new Fitzroy Loco works  Bassett Like Flying Scotsman Empty Re: new Fitzroy Loco works Bassett Like Flying Scotsman

Post by VintageTrainsNorwich Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:46 pm

Yes i have seen these models in the HRCA magazine and they are superb reproductions , Peter is the chaps name , lives in Australia i believe.

Regards Neil.

VintageTrainsNorwich

Back to top Go down

new Fitzroy Loco works  Bassett Like Flying Scotsman Empty Re: new Fitzroy Loco works Bassett Like Flying Scotsman

Post by Kevin123 Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:08 am

How much will new locomotives cost ???

Kev.

Kevin123

Back to top Go down

Post by Edsley Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:33 am

Kev

They are advertised at AU$ 1950, Which with the exchange rate is probably better in GBP than the prev C o' t North.

AS this is an Australian ad , it may include local GST

I do have photos but am unsure how to post them .

Edsley

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin123 Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:38 pm

Hi Edsley.

Yes i guess they are making a small number and will no doubt sell out soon ?

Kevin.

Kevin123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down